Pages

Sunday, November 4, 2018

Week 2 - shake out


On Thursday, October 18 Te Whare Tui whanau participated in the NZ ShakeOut Drill.
In the far north we have not experienced earthquakes like other places in New Zealand, however, we have had several Tsunami warnings because we are so close to both the east and west coastlines at the top of the country.

Here the children are showing how to be safe if there was an earthquake during school time.

When the alarm continuously sounds we.....


     Stop whatever we are doing.









There was not much room under       
my table so I put my hips, legs and
feet under a chair.



I tucked my legs and wrapped my arms around them then held on to the table legs.




3 comments:

  1. Hi i'm Harrison and i really like how you hide under your desk we do it differently we drop into a ball under our desks and hold on to one leg of the table and put the other hand on our heads exactly how many tsunami from Harrison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi i'm Kohen and i really like how you hide under your desk we do it differently we drop into a ball under our desks and hold on to one leg of the table and put the other hand on our heads exactly how many tsunami from Kohen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora my name is Jacob. I like how u protect yourself under the chair and holding the legs of the chair when there is a tsunami. In my class we do nearly the same as you but we hold our heads with our hands We call it the egg.

    ReplyDelete